Update on Krista
A few days after i had posted the last request to pray for Krista and her family, she emailed everyone asking for prayer for one of their daughters (Brynn) who had got her thumb caught in a door. The tip of her thumb was nearly torn off and required surgery to reattach it - needless to say the situation proved to be quite stressful for Krista. Here is the update on the finger aswell as Kevin's mom: (this is a exert from an email she sent me today)
Thanks for praying for us, and sharing the requests with your NBI class. We have been so encouraged by how many people have taken the time to let us know they are praying for us. The ladies with InterAct Ministries have been praying Psalm 91 for us while Kevin has been away. I noticed that was one of the same ones that you mentioned in your last e-mail. I have been reading it often! It has been really neat to see God answering that prayer. Even with things like Brynn's thumb injury, we have been very safe! Last week we had friends in Lesotho (a little country in the middle of South Africa)whose three year old daughter had her leg crushed, and she might even lose a foot or part of a leg. Hearing that makes me so thankful for God's protection. A thumb is really no big deal compared to a leg! I have not been afraid to be here without Kevin, and even at night we have slept without fear. I have been nervous even when he was gone one night on trips since we've been here. So I KNOW that's God answering prayer! =)Brynn is getting much better. The thumb seems to be healing well. The stitches are out and it stayed attached, so I guess that's a good sign... =) The nail area still has some issues, but they tell us as the nail grows it will all be normal. Looks a little weird to me though!
Kevin's mom continues to decline daily. They up her pain meds daily now, and she is losing weight and gaining fluid. They have done taps of her abdomen once a week lately to relieve pressure, but she is still very much in pain. She is ready to see the Lord when He calls her! Kevin is leaving to come home tomorrow, and will arrive here on Friday. Pray for him, especially tomorrow, as it will likely be the last time he sees his mom this side of heaven. It will be a hard goodbye, I'm sure. We are ready for him to be home, but it's hard knowing he has to say goodbye to his mom in order to come back to us.
Thanks for praying for us, and sharing the requests with your NBI class. We have been so encouraged by how many people have taken the time to let us know they are praying for us. The ladies with InterAct Ministries have been praying Psalm 91 for us while Kevin has been away. I noticed that was one of the same ones that you mentioned in your last e-mail. I have been reading it often! It has been really neat to see God answering that prayer. Even with things like Brynn's thumb injury, we have been very safe! Last week we had friends in Lesotho (a little country in the middle of South Africa)whose three year old daughter had her leg crushed, and she might even lose a foot or part of a leg. Hearing that makes me so thankful for God's protection. A thumb is really no big deal compared to a leg! I have not been afraid to be here without Kevin, and even at night we have slept without fear. I have been nervous even when he was gone one night on trips since we've been here. So I KNOW that's God answering prayer! =)Brynn is getting much better. The thumb seems to be healing well. The stitches are out and it stayed attached, so I guess that's a good sign... =) The nail area still has some issues, but they tell us as the nail grows it will all be normal. Looks a little weird to me though!
Kevin's mom continues to decline daily. They up her pain meds daily now, and she is losing weight and gaining fluid. They have done taps of her abdomen once a week lately to relieve pressure, but she is still very much in pain. She is ready to see the Lord when He calls her! Kevin is leaving to come home tomorrow, and will arrive here on Friday. Pray for him, especially tomorrow, as it will likely be the last time he sees his mom this side of heaven. It will be a hard goodbye, I'm sure. We are ready for him to be home, but it's hard knowing he has to say goodbye to his mom in order to come back to us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home