the fellowship

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near! (Heb 10:25) The purpose of this blog is to give the NBI class of 96-99 another avenue in which to keep up to date, bless, encouarge and pray for one another. May God use it as He will!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

welcome to the fellowship...

A small group of our nbi class got together in Edmonton in March this year. After a really amazing weekend of bonding, enjoying the waves at the waterpark, cheering for the most amazing hockey team ever (need I even say, the Oilers!!!), and praying for eachother, i didn't want the good times to end! Right around that time my pastor at my church had been talking about the importance of fellowship with in the church and what fellowship really means. He used "the fellowship of the ring" as an analogy to what our our fellowship in the church should look like, his sermon was based on 1Thess. 3:1-10.
Those in a fellowship share a destination, they have the same mission. They fight to be together, strive to work as a family and do everything they can to strengthen and encourage one another and are deeply concerned about the faith of their brother. They share in the joys, weep when others weep and help eachother through temptations and difficult times and ultimately pray for eachother! Imagine being a part of such a fellowship! what JOY!!! This is what God calls us to, what he sooooo desires us to have and experience!!! How exciting!!
While he spoke, I sat in my pew thinking about if I had ever really felt like I had been a part of a fellowship in any of the churches I had attended and sadly with all honestly I could not. But then many of you came to mind, people whose spiritual journey I deeply care about. I realized that though we are not "a church" we are a part of the body. We came together, grew together and share the same destination... we are a fellowship. Though protecting a ring is not our goal, protecting eachothers hearts is. We live in a fallen world with an enemy whose mission is to kill, steal and destroy. We need the fellowship to warn us, fight alongside us, and encourage us in this journey.
So, there is my thoughts behind starting this blog. I hope you will feel free to share your joys, your sorrows, prayer requests, things God is teaching you, pictures, etc, on this site. I am excited about hearing from you and growing with you.
The best is yet to come!!!
love, Lindsay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home